Welcome*Bienvenidos*Bienvenue*Benvenuti*Wilkommen*Yokoso*Huan Ying*Welkom*Bem-vindos*Dobro Pozhalovat

I craft for the love of it and I love showing off my work. My greatest inspiration is my son whose imagination amazes me. He's the 'EC' in EC Design Studio. I hope I can inspire and encourage creativity in others. Thank you for visiting and comments are always appreciated.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby Shower gifts

I had a baby shower to attend for one of my friends at work.  She's a great person and is going to be a great mom.  She's someone who appreciates the thought behind the gifts she receives.  Being a handmade gift giver, I had to make her something from the heart made with my two hands.  It had to be gender neutral since the sex of the baby was a surprise for everyone.  I applaud they're patience but it really made it difficult for the rest of us.  Lol.  I found out the color of the nursery was Tiffany/Robin Egg blue.  OK, somewhere to start.  I'll make a banner for the shower that she can use in the baby's room.  Blue, black, white, and lets throw in some pink and bling (not too much, could be a boy).  I made the banner so the medallions tied together with bows so they could be rearranged if the new mom desired.  It turned out really cute and everyone thought it was great.  It was hung in the nursery the next day.  I also decorated an acrylic frame with leftover paper from the banner.  I love how it turned out and am so glad I bought the Cindy Loo cart.  it's fabulous!  The card I made using SCAL and it's new print and cut feature.  Love it!
Font is Cindy Loo, scallops and circles are mini monograms, sakura stardust pen to accent, eyelets to connect each medallion with ribbon





'miracle' from home decor, cutest deer in the world  and tree from cindy loo, rose is a penny duncan rose cut using SCAL.  For more Penny Duncan click here.  She is a fabulous designer.  Check her out.

Thought this little pregnant chic was perfect for my friend who worked as a hairstylist until a week before her due date wearing the most stylish maternity wear ever and at least 2 in. heels.

It's a girl!  Eva Catherine was born healthy and happy.  I've got a few ideas for future gifts...

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! Love your Miracle card!! I found you through Alex's linking party and I'm now following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JustYolie
    thanks for following. miracle is an acrylic frame but it would be a cute card, too. have to keep that in mind for any miraculous event that I need a card for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

    baby shower gifts

    ReplyDelete